Im sure everyone here has some sort of defining moment in their lives. For example, feeling that first sense of independence when you spend some time far away from your family. Well one of my defining moments in my life was when my parents began sending me overseas by myself. At the start of every summer they would send me off to Bulgaria to visit family and relatives. We're from Bulgaria, if you don't know where that is, it's in eastern Europe. I was born there but I moved to Canada with my parents in September of 2001. Up until I turned twelve they would send me with an accompanying adult of coarse, because those were the requirements if you had connecting flights. But afterwards I began traveling back and forth all by myself. It also made me feel more mature, because while I was alone I saw other people my age but they were with their families. Just like Amir when he won the kite tournament, he accomplished something without his father's help or assistance and felt proud when he did. I would say this was a defining moment in my life because it really shaped me into a much more independent person than I used to be.
Monday, 1 December 2014
A defining moment in my life...
Labels:
Melani Atanassova
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Going to Bulgaria all by yourself must have been a really cool experience and made you into a more independent person then you were For me I probably would've been to scared to fly by myself especially at that age and it's awesome how you were able to overcome that fear and help that experience shape you into the person you are today. I wonder if it is sometimes hard to listen to your parents now that you have had this experience? Do you ever feel that now you have had this experience you don't need your parents and that your independent enough to make your own decisions? Just like Amir you are now able to make your own decisions and deal with consequences yourself now that you have gained this independence?
ReplyDeleteThat experience would defiantly have a strong impact on anyone's life. It would make you more independent and confident with things you do in the future. It must have been hard and scary leaving your family and flying in a plane by yourself especially at that age. But now you have that experience and it will be with you forever and changed you into the person you are today.
ReplyDelete