Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Influence by parents
My parents do more than just influence my decision. They usually are the ones making the decisions for me. And sometimes that is not a good thing. Such as when they tell me to go to the store with them, and I run into someone I hate there. Or when they tell me not to go outside, and I miss a chance to hang out with my friends. But it's not always a bad thing, such as when they tell me to go to the store with them, and I run into my crush there. Or when they tell me not to go outside, and I miss a chance to hang out with my friends and get pressured into doing drugs and then die. But no matter if it is good or bad, they always make the decision without consulting me, and i rarely get the chance to offer my opinion. I noticed this was happening more frequently recently, so I chose to make a big decision without asking them what they thought about it beforehand. I told them I was going on a trip to Mexico, and whatever they have to say won't change my mind. They got mad, told me I make bad decisions, and didn't pay a dime to help. Now I'm out roughly a thousand dollars that I have been saving up because I made my own decision. Moral: let your parents make the decisions for you.
Labels:
Brennan Harwood-Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I both agree and disagree with you on this one. Our parents do make many of our decisions for us, however it is important to communicate with them and get your own point across. Sometimes our parents forget how old we are and want us to stay the small children we once were. It is important for us to begin to stand on our own two feet at this point in life and make our own decisions and mistakes, but also consult our parents for their perspective so that we can make the right decision.
ReplyDelete