Thursday, 18 December 2014

Self Motivation

Self Motivation Is The Biggest Barrier To Success:

I feel that self motivation is one of the biggest barriers in life. In order to do things in life you have to actually motivate yourself to do them, and if you do not have that motivation then you will not be able to accomplish anything in life. Motivation is the key to anyone's success, if you set your mind to something, the sky's the limit. School is one of the barriers in life that we all need to overcome and if we do not have the self motivation to get good grades and show up to class on time and ready to learn we will just be portrayed as someone who is lazy and does not have the motivation to do anything.For example i need to motivate myself to get good grades in order to get into the university that i want( Western Ontario) and to become a lawyer.  There are many consequences to not being self motivated, such as your grades might start dropping, you might lose your friends, or maybe not be able to get a job in the future. Getting a job also requires a lot of self motivation because in order to get a job you have to create a resume which takes a lot of time and effort to do, as well as creating the resume you need to actually apply for jobs so you have to make time in your day to go and hand it out. As you can see your self motivation can be one of the biggest barriers to your own success.  

2 comments:

  1. I strongly agree that one of lifes most challenging barriers in life is self motivation. Self motivation is hard to have all the time in everything you are doing. But having it will result in a better future like trying to get good grades for the university you want to go to. But if you really want something in life you should try really hard and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly agree with your argument. I myself have huge self motivational issues and think that it is not only my biggest barrier to success, but also a lot of others. This is very evident for me as I find it very easy to excel and improve in sports and classes that I enjoy, however I find it very difficult to do things I simply don't like doing. Your piece really shows just how important it is to keep the end goal in mind in order to motivate oneself to succeed.

    ReplyDelete