Thursday, 4 December 2014

My Defining Moment

Most of you probably all know me, my name is Xin. I say hi to everyone in the hallways, I like to have fun, and I try to be nice to everyone!...well...sometimes. But what made me the person that I am today? What moment made me figure out just how am I going to live my life? Everyone has a defining moment in their lives. An example of a defining moment would be a person realizing that they have a passion for something they want to do for the rest of their lives. I believe that my main defining moment in my life was when I first came to Canada. I came to Canada by myself in the summer of 2009. My mom, of course was already here long ago. And life since then has been a lot different and also a lot challenging. Not knowing how to communicate with other people, not having any friends to talk to. The most challenging part would, of course, be trying to learn the language itself. But by overcoming those challenges I believe it has molded me to be who I am today, and to realize my own potential. The freedom ,maturity and the independence I have gained in Canada has given me many doorways to do what I want to with my life, that I believe I would not have in China. All in all, Moving to Canada has been my defining moment because I was able to realize my own potential, and it has made me who I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Going from two countries that are pretty much the opposite from each other sounds pretty difficult, but I met you in grade 8, only being in Canada for 2 years and you spoke perfect english. I think your move to Canada was a good thing for you. And you picked up the Canadian lifestyle pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete