Sunday, 14 December 2014

Parental Influence

I believe a large part of who you are today is because of your parents. Although as you get older you spend less and less time with them, they made you. And no not just like that, they chose a way to make you who you are and you turned out accordingly. Personally, my parents influence a lot of the decisions I make. Will it disappoint them? Will they be mad? these questions go through my head when making a decision. My father and I are particularly alike. Many of our ways are alike. And I guess its from being around him so much that I just turned out that way. My father and I look a lot alike, talk alike, and even do the same things. He also tries to copy my dressing style which is severely annoying, but all in all, my parents have a huge factor in the decisions I make.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that who you are today is strongly influenced by your parents, and that it's hard to live up to their standards. A huge part of my life is trying to impress my parents and make them proud, just like Amir tries to impress Baba. Sometimes however, I believe that independence is almost just as important. Soon we'll have to live without our parents, and when it comes down to it I believe that one has less and less need for their parents as they grow older. In the end I believe that our parents are a huge part of our lives and who we are, and that I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

    ReplyDelete