Tuesday, 9 December 2014
My Defining Moment
My defining moment in my life was when I got my motorcycle licence. My whole life I was surrounded by motorcycles even to this day. And I always knew I wanted to drive one on the streets of Orangeville. But my parents kept telling me NO you will get yourself killed, or NO you will never be able to afford one. But one rainy day after school I walked down to get my motorcycle licence without my parents knowing because they refused to take me. And from that day on I have proved to my parents that I am responsible enough to own and operate my own motorcycle. So then they finally said, Trevor if you save up and buy your own motorcycle and pay for your own insurance then I guess thats only fair. And thats exactly what I did I purchased my own motorcycle and now safely shreddin down the streets of Orangeville.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trevor, this is a humorous account of what was probably a pretty intense moment for you, not to mention the aftermath of having to deal with your parents' wrath. I wonder if your act of defiance is the real revelation of who you are in this story. Is it in your nature to take risks, both with your relationships and with your hobbies? How has this moment changed who you are, and how you will approach future obstacles (by obstacles I mean conflict, and not treating gridlock traffic as practice pylons)?
ReplyDeleteI really like how, even though your parents said no, you went out and got your motorcycle license. This shows you being a stereotypical teenager by being "rebellious" in most parents view, but also could be argued that its just viewed that way because we're finally receiving freedom in our life and can finally do something instead of just sitting around and wishing. Good on you for getting up and taking charge of your life! Great presentation Trevor.
ReplyDeleteI really like this blog. I like how you defied your parents and went out to get your own motorcycle by yourself, and how this showed your independence to them. It showed how you are growing up and taking charge of your own life, and not living in the shadow of your parents. Overall this was a very good blog. Great Presentation.
ReplyDelete