Sunday, 21 December 2014

Parent's Influence

We are all at that age where a lot of us have begun making some decisions for ourselves- or at least we seem to think so.
An example of the fact that in high school you have the freedom to choose your own courses for your future. And you're thinking "great i'm gonna choose all my courses myself and get into med school and become a doctor because I've always dreamed of becoming one". When in reality you are choosing your own courses but you've really always wanted to be a doctor because your dad was one too.
I don't think it's always true that you solely make decisions by yourself, I think there's always a greater influence from our parents. No matter how obvious or not it may seem, we will always in one way or another be influenced by our parents. And I think part of why this is true is because they've raised us. Raised us from their learning experiences when they were our age. The things that they teach us, stick with us and in turn affect the way we live our lives- and a big part of our lives has to do with making decisions.
All together, this is why I believe parents have an influence on the decisions we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment