Monday, 8 December 2014

Parents on our Decisions

At this time of our lives, we are experiencing the most independence we've ever had. Or are we? Our parents are always saying things like "You're old enough to make our own decisions." and its true. We are all responsible enough to make good healthy choices and must face the consequences if we don't. Some of us even have part time jobs. Most of us are old enough to start learning to drive or are really close to start. However, our parents still have a really big influence on our choices. Our parents have always had a large influence on our lives. They were the ones who instilled out values in us that we live by today. They have had much more experience in difficult situations. However, just because we think we are all grown up, doesn't mean that they just disappear from our lives. Infact, I'd say they play an even bigger role in our life now we are older. We are at the stage in our lives where we are making important choices that will affect the rest of our lives. Their experience at a time like this is more important than ever.

This semester I have a really heavy course load. In my math class, I have a mark that I feel is below my capabilities. My parents agree. I promised them that I would work hard to bring that mark back up to where I want it to be. They figured that I should get a tutor just to help make sure I understand everything. I declined several times saying that it was unnecessary and all I needed to do was work hard. In the end, they went ahead and got that tutor anyway. And to be honest, I'm glad they did. The tutor has been so helpful just making sure I have a really good understanding of the concepts. I'm happy to say that math class is so much easier and my mark is on the rise.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree Christian even though most of use are become more free and independent, the decisions we make now are some of the most important we will ever have to make. The experience and understanding of the world is what makes our parents influence so helpful, and if you try to ignore your parents help you are only hurting yourself. As much as I hate to admit it my parents do know more than me and they know whats best for me.

    ReplyDelete