Saturday, 20 December 2014
My Defining Moment
For me, remembering my defining moment is easy, and I owe it all to Alex Mckergow. Okay this is how everything happened; I use to be a very awkward, quiet, timid person (Believe it or not) but Alex changed all that for me thankfully! I had always hated being so awkward and quiet, hating caring so much about what others thought, and over the years I could feel it weighing down on me. High school had just come along and for a lot of people it was a new beginning, but I hadn't really taken advantage of the new beginning other than make a couple more friends. So Camp NGWEDWE came up and I went because of all the reviews I'd heard, but never expected anything like this to happen there. It was the night of that dance and, like normal, I was sitting against the wall in silence. A few people tried to get me involved in the dance but I just brushed them off because to me that was terrifying until Alex came over. I don't exactly remember what he said to me but I remember it making so much sense to me and just like that the weight had been lifted off of me, I stopped caring about what people thought of me, and I got up and actually had fun! That minute or two with Alex where in my head I basically said screw it to old me and pushed myself out of my comfort zone... pushing myself doesn't seem adequate, it was more like jumping off a cliff, backwards, while blindfolded, and on fire... So in that screw it moment I let everything go and became a new person and now life is SO much easier! That is why, like right now, I can speak in front of others and I'm totally comfortable. All thanks to Alex Mckergow, and that ladies and gentlemen is my defining moment.
Labels:
Connor Szabo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment