Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Defining Moment

If someone were to ask me what a defining moment in my life is, I would probably tell them about the time that I got sponsored for wakeboarding, or when I got my G2 license, or when I went to 6 weeks of leadership intensive camp during the summer. All these things do stand out in my life, but personally when I really think about what has defined me as a person I would have to say that the last three years in high school have defined the most as a person. Before I came to ODSS I was one of those lame, quiet, sketchy, home schooled kids from the day I was born tell the end of grade eight. Once I got to high school I really noticed that I stood out, and instead of trying to fit in and be just like everyone else I was myself and really grew as a person in every way because of that. I went from being an introvert in grade nine, to in grade eleven now being an extrovert. Also I have become far more confident in myself due to the fact that I have started playing lots of school sports as well as doing well in school. Because of all these factors I would now tell anyone that the most defining moment in my life would without a doubt be high school.

1 comment:

  1. i agree that high school is a very defining moment for many people in our society. High school allows children to finally grow and make a few decisions on their own, whether it's picking our courses or figuring out what career we would like to pursue. Taking this huge step in our lives allows us to realise who we really are and what freedom truly is. Good job.

    ReplyDelete