Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Barrier To Success

That last project you got a 60 on because you started it the night before? That time you decided to wait last minute to study and then ended up staying up all night hoping for a good grade? These are just a couple examples of the way us teenagers spend our time in school, and why in my opinion, I believe that irresponsibility is a barrier to success.

We all have those days. Not enough determination to work ahead on a project, and essentially saving yourself the time until the last minute. For some this strategy works, and for others it's a clear path to disappointment. We all lack the motivation to put forward any effort at all at times, and I believe that although it burns us in regards to our marks, it's a good way to learn. There are many other barriers as well, such as time and unrealistic expectations, however they all lead back to laziness. You and I want to avoid the thought, but it's true. We're all lazy teenagers. Whatever. But soon it's going to catch up on us, which is why although I believe making mistakes in our youth is all part of growing up, having good worth ethic and study habit originating in high school is very important. This way, you can benefit from your mistakes, and pursue the career you wish to the best of your abilities.

Irresponsibility is an obstacle that we can learn by, and begin to mature as responsible adults from our mistakes. Some ways to overcome this are using our time wisely, and planning ahead so we can perform to our greatest potential. Ultimately, although we face the barrier of being irresponsible teenagers who lack motivation to do our work, I believe that as we grow older we will overcome this barrier and emerge as successful young adults by learning and taking life lessons out of our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment