For teenagers the biggest barrier to success is procrastination. It's easy to just keep saying to yourself "I'll finish that assignment tomorrow morning" or "I'll study later" but do we really end up doing so? Even if we do, is it as effective as just getting something done on time, or studying earlier for a test rather than late at night? Chances are that if you decide to complete work for school at the last minute, that it won't be your best work. No extra time would have been spent to look it over, check for mistakes, and maybe even improve. So putting it off until later was probably not your best option.
Technology also plays a big role in procrastination, as teenagers we're on our cell phones, or computers, or watching netflix in most of our spare time. How many times did you start flipping through twitter or facebook when you said you were going to study? We easily get distracted by social media on a daily basis, and tend to neglect our responsibilities and put them off until a later time, procrastinating.
Many people struggle with time management, and procrastinate on a daily basis. This can effect your work ethic, and the quality of your work as opposed to managing your time better and getting important tasks done at the right time. This is why I believe procrastination is a barrier to success for many people.
I totally agree. I think the fact that we use the internet for most of our assignments also makes it easier to waste time on the internet because it makes it easier to get distracted then if we were writing with a pen and paper.
ReplyDeleteI am extremely guilty of this and i shouldn't wait till the last minute, my assignments could be a lot better if I got them done right away, for example, this comment would probably say something a lot more valid if I spent more time on it but instead I am just going to agree.
ReplyDelete